Our winter weather was pretty wimpy from November until mid January, but things have really changed to what we normally see this time of year.
My original plan for my camping trip to southern Arizona called for leaving and heading south on Monday, 1/28, but that changed in a hurry when I saw Monday’s weather report this morning: 4 – 8 inches of snow with frigid temperatures. Those don’t sound like fun driving conditions so I plan to leave Sunday afternoon, before Monday’s snow and after giving them time to clean up the highway after Saturday night’s forecast of 4 inches or so! It’s not an ideal “window”, but I’ll take what I can get at this point. My planned route will take me south of here in a hurry to Indianapolis and into the western corner of Kentucky. Hopefully, that will let me outrun snowfall but cold temperatures look poised to affect all areas even into Arkansas. Given a choice, I’ll take the cold before snowfall any day I need to travel.
Thankfully, I’ve gathered my supplies and equipment, packed containers and a small suitcase so I can load up the truck quickly and head out of Dodge. Unfortunately, as I write this our Internet is down…perfect timing. I hope I can get this posted prior to heading out tomorrow. If not, I’ll post occasional entries as time and the availability of wi-fi connections permit.